20 amazing facts about women
- Lina Medina is the world’s youngest mother who gave birth to an infant at the age of five in Peru. The baby’s biological father was never identified.
- Married at the age of four, Fatima Mangre is the world’s youngest divorcee, divorced at the age of eight.
- On an average, a woman speaks 2000 words per day, which is three times more than a man.
- Maximum cases of breast cancer are found in the United States.
- On an average, a woman cries 30-70 times a year while men between 6 and 17 times a year.
- Men are more likely to date shorter women, the reason being high levels of estrogen content in their body which makes them more feminine and attractive than taller women.
- The average height of women in the world is 161.4 cm, the average weight being 140 pounds. In India the average height is 165.5 cm but the average weight is 116 pounds.
- A woman spends approximately 3500 days of her life menstruating.
- Survey reveals that women spend almost 90 minutes per week deciding what to wear. (No doubt, women always arrive late.)
- 92% of women in Delhi feel insecure, especially during the night.
- The first woman to run for a president was Victoria Woodhull, in 1872, when women did not even have the right to vote.
- Although women cry more than men, research shows that men are more emotional than women but they suppress their emotions.
- Studies have found out that one in every five women from Seoul, Korea has undergone some sort of plastic surgery at least once in their life.
- There are more men than women in the world. 50.4% of the global population is male whereas 49.6% is female. In India this proportion is alarming as for 1000 boys born they are only 927 girls
- The highest officially recorded number of children born to one mother is 69! She is the first wife of Feodor Vassilyev, who bore 16 pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets and for it sets of quadruplets.
- Women live longer than men 6 years in average. In India they live 3 years longer (men 63 while women 66)
- Men having a pleasant body odor are perceived as more attractive to women.
- More than 90% of women between the age of 18-24 are unhappy with at least one part of their body
- The global adult literacy rate is 80% for women and 89% for men.
- A woman feels she has nothing to wear even when her wardrobe is packed with designer clothes.