Home / Health / Addictive & Nutritive Recipes for This Fall:
Addictive & Nutritive Recipes for This Fall:
Young girls do not always talk about beauty issues they are facing and fashion fads to follow. Many of them are also fond of cooking and remain in search of new, delicious and healthy dishes to try. For all seasons, Indian women have great many choices for their family delight. But, they keep on looking for tasty and nutritious recipes.
Today, I am going to share some lip-smacking recipes. You won’t resist having these yummiest dishes on your table soon.
Loaded Potato Skins- a flavorful snack:
Potato is most commonly used ingredient in Indian households. Everyone loves to have fries, pakoras and samosa etc but don’t want to put on extra pounds. Let’s use this simple kitchen ingredient in a different way and improve our taste buds with nutrition.
Ingredients you need:
1. 6 medium sized potatoes (wash and pat dry)
2. 8 ounce cheddar cheese (shredded)
3. 8 strips of meat bacon (cooked and crumbled)
4. 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melt form)
5. Sour cream (for topping)
6. Green onion (chopped, for topping)
7. Salt and Pepper to taste
How to Cook:
1. Pierce the potatoes with fork and place on baking tray to cook in preheated oven at 400 ºF.
2. After 1 hour, remove the sheet from oven and let the potatoes cool. 15 minutes will be enough.
3. Now take sharp knife and cut each potato lengthwise into half creating long slices.
4. Scoop out 70% of the potatoes with thick layer remained near its skin.
5. Using brush, apply generous amount of butter on inside and outside of these potatoes.
6. Sprinkle salt and pepper and then broil until the interior becomes a little crisp.
7. After 6-7 minutes, remove from oven and add shredded cheddar cheese into each skin,
topping with meat bacon pieces. You can use lamb/turkey bacon or even boneless chicken
strips whatever you like. But keep the oven temperature apt.
8. Now place the tray back in oven to broil until the cheese takes bubbly appearance.
3-4 minutes will be sufficient. This will add up grill-like taste to your dish.
9. After removing from oven, top with sour cream and chopped green onions.
10. Serve warm.
It’s cheap and super-easy to make, and enjoy restaurant quality at home.
Grilled Pineapple- Sweet & Tender Dessert:
Fall is grilling season to me and I love preparing grilled food all through winter. After umbrella-topped cocktails, my family never says no to anything containing pineapple-quintessential tropical fruit.
Pineapple isn’t a feature ingredient in Indian cuisine like in many Asian countries specifically Thailand and Malaysia. But I assure you, once tried, your sweet tooth would preferably rely on grilled pineapple.
Ingredients you need:
• Half cup of pineapple (cur into spears)
• Half cup of brown sugar
• I teaspoon cinnamon
How to Cook:
• Put pineapple spears in tight container (you can use ziplock bag) and add cinnamon plus sugar
• Shake the container well to get spears properly coated with sugar and cinnamon.
• Remove the pineapple and put in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
• Preheat your grill to medium heat (350-400 degrees)
• Place well-marinated pineapple spears onto the grill
• Keep turning after every few minutes until grilled to your liking
This delicious recipe is one of my absolute favorites for the grilling season. If you have never tried grilled pineapple ever before then attempt this super-simple recipe.
You can also use it as a side dish to your main course.
She is a passionate writer who has been writing Poetry, Essays, Articles, Website content, and Literary Reviews. She has been managing blogs and websites independently. A feminist at heart, she has coached various writers as well. Her works in various niches and genres have been published in print as well as online ezines and websites.