A simple whole wheat roti spiked up with the delicate flavours of ajwain. Serve them with a simple vegetable dish and some pickle to make a satisfying working lunch.
Preparation Time: 10 mins.
Cooking Time: 10 mins.
Makes 4 rotis.
Ingredients for Ajwaini roti
ghee for cooking
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Add enough water and knead to a soft dough. Keep covered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a round of 100 mm. (4″) diameter.
- Roast the roti on either side, using a little ghee, on a hot tava, till both sides are golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
by Tarla Dalal & www.tarladalal.com