Coated with chutney and cheese-thin slices of bread brushed with butter and mustard powder, deftly rolled up and baked until perfectly crisp. Truly, the Baked Cheese, Chutney and Mustard Roll is nothing short of a mouth-watering recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Baking Temperature: 180°C (360°F)
Makes 6 rolls
6 fresh bread slices
butter for spreading , brushing and greasing
1 tsp mustard (rai / sarson) powder mixed with 2 tsp water
6 tsp green chutney
3 tbsp grated processed cheese
- Remove the crusts from all the bread slices. Roll each bread slice very thinly with the help of a rolling pin.
- Lightly butter all the bread slices and spread a little mustard mixture on top.
- Spread 1 tsp of green chutney and sprinkle ½ tbsp of cheese on each bread slice.
- Roll up each bread slice tightly in a cigar shaped roll and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange the rolls on a lightly greased baking tray and brush with a little melted butter.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 10 minutes. It better better with the baked cheese.
- Serve immediately.
By tarladalal.com & Tarla Dalal