Fresh and soft quesadillas, stuffed with a sumptuous combo of blanched broccoli, capsicum and cheese, garnished elegantly with chilli flakes; indeed the broccoli, bell pepper and cheese quesadilla makes a wholesome meal. While it is best had hot, it can be had on the go too! the protein, calcium and vitamin that flows in from this nutritious snack will surely help you remain on your toes.
Makes 3 quesadillas
For The Flour Tortilla
3/4 cup plain flour (maida)
5 tbsp whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
2 tsp oil
salt to taste
To Be Mixed Into A Filling
1 cup blanched broccoli florets
1/4 cup chopped capsicum (red and yellow)
5 tbsp grated processed cheese
1 1/2 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
salt to taste
plain flour (maida) for rolling
oil for cooking
For the flour tortilla
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Cover and keep the dough aside for 15 minutes.
How to proceed
- Dive the filling into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Place 1 roti on a dry, clean surface and place 1 portion of the filling evenly over it, cover with 1 more roti and cook on a non-stick tava using little oil till both sides are light brown in colour.
- Repeat step 3 to make 2 more quesadillas.
- Serve hot.