An apple a day keeps the doctor away. While the apple is best had as it is, you can also add it to other preparations like juices and salads for good measure. Even better, add them to a delicious muffin. The delicate smell of cinnamon will fill the air and lure everybody to the kitchen as the apple cinnamon muffin bakes!
Makes 18 servings
1 cup plain flour (maida)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter
1 cup castor sugar
1 tsp cinnamon (dalchini) powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (akhrot)
2 to 3 tbsp milk
butter to grease the muffin moulds
- Preheat the oven 400 F. Grease the muffin in moulds & keep aside.
- Cut the apples into a small pieces & keep aside.
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder & baking soda & keep aside.
- Put the butter in a mixing bowl & mix it with a wooden spoon till soft & creamy.
- Slowly add the castor sugar, mixing well.
- Add the apples cinnamon powder & vanilla essence and mix well.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture & walnuts.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of milk & mix it gently.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter into each muffin mould.
- Place the moulds in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve warm.
By tarladalal.com & Tarla Dalal