If you want to look your best each day, you need to determine your body shape- and this is not an option. I believe every woman should know their body shape as it makes the dressing style a lot easier and makes you look better. Do you know what fashion means? It simply means dressing your body and for instance, if you don’t know your body shape, clothes wont look good on you and it will be a disaster.
How to Determine Your Body Shape?
When you want to know what your body type is you don’t need to pay much attention to your height and weight, but instead focus on your body shape. And the body shape is only about proportion.
Every woman is different from the others and that stands true for the body shapes as well. Generally, there are five types of body shapes.
You can either be in any one of these categories, or you can be a mixture of any two of them. So, to dress as your best, you need to first determine your body shape. Try spending some time in front of the mirror and assess yourself in an honest way.
Let’s look at the Dos and Don’t’s for the different body shapes
If you fall in this category that means your lower body is wider than your upper body. Your best traits are your shoulders and your torso.
Dos and Donts
Now your goal here should be to add volume to your shoulders and try to minimize your lower half.
- Do try skirts with an A-line flare
- Don’t wear baggy pants
- Do wear lighter shade tops and dark bottoms
- Do wear sleeveless
- Do opt for pointed shoes to elongate your legs
The wedged shaped is more often known as an inverted triangle. If you belong to this category then you will usually have wider shoulders and broader chest and a narrow waist and hips.
Dos and Don’t
- Don’t opt for spaghetti strap tops
- Do try wide leg pants
- Don’t ever try top with a boat neckline
- Do try some tops that bring attention to your waist area
Rectangle Shaped Body
If you fall in this category that means your shoulders, chest, hip and the waist area are more or less of the same size and you are generally thin.
Dos and Don’t
- Do try some lean jackets
- Do try to add more layers to add curves
- Do wear tops with collars, etc.…,
Hourglass Body Shape
In this category, the shoulders and the hips are of the same proportion, while the chest is a bit smaller.
Dos and Don’t
- Don’t wear baggy clothing and hide your curves
- Do try some dresses with a good fitting
- Do wear dresses with straps
- Do go for skinny jeans
Apple Shaped Body
If you fall into this category you are generally on the wider end and weigh a little bit more.
Dos and Don’ts
- Do try V necklines
- Do wear some shorter skirts
- Do try adding a belt at your waist
- Do hide your tummy by wearing empire tops and shirts