Let’s confess it, we all love to be in the limelight! Who wouldn’t want to be a famous personality like Kim Kardashian, Sonam Kapoor or KRK (oops!) and capture crores of followers on the social media? Those “likes, shares, retweets, comments, followers and views” pouring in our notifications like a blizzard makes us feel sooo.. special! Not only that, it also brings us a huge fortune!
When you go after fame, money is bound to follow. Take for example, Susan Boyle! We all know the most sought after Scottish vocalist who became famous when her song went viral on YouTube. She had earned more than $8 MILLION through ads and recording deals. Can you believe it?!
Well, you can also become the star of the day. All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Decide– Decide what you want to be famous for. Is money your foremost concern or if it’s easy fame you’re running after? Either way, make use of as many social networking sites as possible. If it is money, YouTube is the best way for getting paid. Just make a funny video of yours and let it go viral. Pick your platform and choose your area of expertise wisely! The more you socialize, more will be the people in your friend list. Focus on one social network at a time and master your skills at it. Then go for the next. Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Vine are the trending sites which will give you a bulk of an audience.
- Connect: Once you’ve signed up, try to attract as many people as you can. Make friends from all age-groups and give them a memorable time. Like their posts and appreciate their opinions. Avoid posting something which will offend a group or a community. Build a strong audience.
- Be you: Show people who you actually are! Don’t play a goody Two-shoes with your followers. Express your honest views. Post content in which you specialize. If you try to cover a cornucopia of topics, you will confuse people. Keep your message clear.
- Keep posting: As I have already mentioned, the more you post, the more people will get to know you. Different countries have different time zones and you must always remember that! If, on a funny blog, you post something serious, you will end up making fun of yourself. Also, don’t post the same message twice. It’s irritating. Once you put your idea across, take a chill pill. Post on a consistent and frequent basis.
- Show your beauty- if you are beautiful and you are active on several social media accounts, you’re set to become famous! Instagram and Pinterest then becomes a great advantage for you. However, if you don’t look like a Victora’s Secret model, make use of a variety of photo editors (Photoshop) to look like one! Pictures improve your engagement and connection with people. Most of us judge a person based on his/her looks so make the most of your first impression.
- Be ready: Be ready to face harsh criticism. There will be a lot of people who are going to hate you. Don’t feed the trolls which are not worthy of your time.