Jute is a natural fiber that is obtained from the bark of the jute plant. The jute plant grows extensively in India. Initially, the jute fiber was always used as a thick rope to bind and hold things together.
They were then woven loosely and made into simple gunny bags. They proved to be so useful that all kinds of vegetables were packed in these sturdy and durable jute sacks. Because it was reusable, easy to use and transport, it became very popular.
Gradually jute was woven and spun into carpets. More and more people are becoming aware of the benefits of using organic products. People consciously look for and buy eco-friendly products to protect the environment.
The Jute plant is used extensively in the manufacture of several household items
-Molded furniture made out of jute is not only lightweight but also easy to maintain.
– Wall hangings, lamp shades, flowerpot holders, tea coasters and mats are available in earthy and attractive colors and add that elegant and classy look to the décor of the room.
– Furnishing material made out of jute allows the air to circulate freely and gives the room an airy and warm ambience.
– Blankets and slippers made out of jute are extremely cozy and comfortable to use.
– Doormats and carpets made out of jute are being designed with intricate patterns and themes. Many women opt for jute carpets and doormats because they are so cost-effective and easy to maintain.
– Trendy purses, handbags, file covers, folders and customized jute sling bags are very much in demand. They come in such earthy and attractive colors and designs, that they make ideal gifts too.
– Big corporate houses are making conscious efforts to preserve our eco system. They use jute for interior decoration. And they gift sweets and chocolates in cute, attractive jute bags.
With the advent of technology, several new jute products are being manufactured regularly and are easily available in the market. For those of us who would like to shop from the comfort of our homes, we can place our orders online and the products are delivered at our doorstep.
Reynu joined WomenNow from the beginning on. She loves writing and combines this with her love for India, the country her parents emigrated from to the United States looking for a better life and opportunities. Studying litterature and journalism helped laid the foundation for her writing skills. She is into badminton and an avid runner. Her dream is to live between New York and Mumbai.