Curly hair is messy, curly hair is nerve, curly hair is loud and curly hair is often a synonym for ‘quirk’. The ringlets that look unique and stunning are often associated with being spirited and special but people carrying straight hair don’t always know how lucky they are when it comes to the managing part. Curly hair takes plenty of time, efforts and tricks to be maintained properly. Below are some of the efficient ways in which you can manage your curly hair from turning into a hazard.
Paper towels are considered best to dry curly hair as using terrycloth can leave your curls turn frizzy and unmanageable. Never rub your hair while drying them and always gently put pressure. If you use a blow dryer then make sure that your ringlets are well defined else they will foster into tangles and make you suffer. Using curl creams and hair gels is also recommended, provided they are from reliable brands.
Just as much as your skin requires moisturizing, your hair does too. To cope with messy curls it is important to sufficiently moisturize it so that they do not wither out and make you look untidy and shabby. As the curls increase in size, chances of them drying up and getting frizzier also increase.
People with straight hair have various advantages such as their hair grows quickly. Unlike people with straight hair, curly haired people have to go through a lot of drama to flaunt long hair as they have to go for haircuts every now and then as trimming curly hair is a necessity to make them grow beautifully.
Knots for curly haired people are not less than a nightmare. Dealing with them takes a lot of time investment but also harms the hair texture if not sorted timely. Wide tooth combs should be used to detangle the knots after applying a nice hair spray. Sometimes brushing your hair can also lead to breakage and hair loss, therefore it is recommended that you comb your hair with your fingers in the shower with a little conditioner and put the tangles at rest.
A lot of factors go into how often you need to wash your hair. Frequency of washing your hair depends on several things such as hair thickness, scalp oiliness, lifestyle, personal preference and also what you’re washing your hair with. Curly haired people should not wash their hair frequently as the harsh sulfate in the shampoos can make the hair strip off the natural oils. Washing your hair twice a week is recommended and that too preferably with a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner.
Few Quick Life Changing Hacks for Your Curly Hair
- When detangling your hair, use your fingers or awide-tooth comb instead of a brush to prevent breakage and preserve the shape of your curls.
- When combing or brushing your hair, gradually move upward instead of starting at the roots
- Before stepping into the shower, apply a deep conditioner to your hair, tuck it into a shower cap, and wash your body before washing your hair as normal
- If doable, avoid washing your hair on rainy days.
- Mix a small amount of sulfate-free shampoo with a lot of conditioner to make your own cleansing conditioner
- Don’t fully rinse out all the conditioner when washing your hair
- Apply a deep conditioner to your hair before putting it in a ponytail or bun when going for a workout
- To make your blowout last longer, separate your hair into sections and loosely twist them before going to sleep.
Similar picks for you:
7 inexpensive ways to grow your hair longer
10 Habits that are ruining your hair