In India, sex has a lot of taboos associated with it. Parents advocate not having sex before marriage to their children as they believe it is a sinful act if done prior to marriage.
Why is it important to talk about sex?
- Talks about sex are an essentiality as it reflects how we feel about ourselves as men and women.
- It is also important to develop healthy approach towards sex. Sex can reveal a lot about one’s personality and disposition in life.
- Talking about sex will help understand about one’s sexual responsibilities and the choice of behavior.
The facts and figures say that 1 out of every 20 people in India is a sex addict. This clearly means that sex addiction is a topic that needs to be paid attention to.
What is Sex Addiction?
It is a state where a person’s sexual desires get out of his/her control and turns out into a greedy obsession. In such a state the behavior of the person becomes extremely compulsive and irrational.
What are the Signs of a Sex Addict?
If you are somebody who cannot go a day without masturbating and orgasming, then it is time to have a check on yourself. Normal people watch porn and masturbate occasionally but an addict cannot do away without porn and erotic videos. Some studies have revealed that loners turn into big time sex addicts.
‘n’ NUMBER OF SESSIONS IS ALSO NOT ENOUGH
If you are somebody who is always dissatisfied and craves for sex even after getting regular sex, it’s a problem. This way you will not only make your partner fill with performance guilt but will also ruin your relationship. Longing for multiple orgasms, wild actions and striving positions every single time you have sex is not a desire but a disorderly situation.
DEPRESSION DURING REJECTIONS
If you are someone who gets shattered completely on being denied sex, then your addiction to sex has turned into a disorder. Sex rejections are something you cannot handle or if such situations turns you into an alcoholic or chain smoker or you drown in unhappiness, then you undeniablyhave a serious problem.
Craving sex is normal and getting laid with men when you are single is also not a big deal as its fun an exciting. But if you are in a committed relationship with a good sex life and you still keep flirting with your boss or any random guy you find attractive just with the motive of getting physical with them, you are in a major problem.
How to get rid of this?
- Drag your concentration on your hobbies and distract yourself.
- Form new habits by taking up a sport or any other healthy activity.
- If you have the uncontrollable urge to watch porn, read a book instead.
- Discuss the problem with your partner and ask for help.
- Opt for counseling sessions or get medically treated.
- Take control of your mood swings by maintaining a diary
- Eat healthy and stay fit with regular exercises
- Show will power and do not have sex continuously with your partner.
Due to the existence of so many conservative philosophies, Indian society has never been open about sex. Men cannot speak about their sexual desires without the fear of being judged and least of all women.