More often than not, women tend to get confused when it comes to choosing between shaving or waxing. Those long hours of painful waxing sometimes make you wonder if shaving is better. Other times, speedy shaving leaves you with ugly razor burns and you get furious for choosing to shave. So, if you are still fighting the battle between the two, this blog will help you decide to opt for the better way to get rid of your hair at least for some time.
Benefits of Shaving:
Shaving is quick and if you do not have a lot of time then shaving is a great option. It is also a painless process and if you cannot bear pain then it is a better option. It costs you less than waxing so, if you are saving money, then go for shaving. Furthermore, you do not need to be a pro at shaving and you can easily manage to do it even if it is your first time. For better results, just use it in the shower. So, if you do not want to waste your time and money on visiting a salon for waxing, use a razor.
How to make the best use of shaving?
For best results, make use of following pro tips and make the best use of shaving:
- Exfoliate your skin before you start
- Use a soothing and moisturizing balm to moisturize your skin after shaving.
- Do not indulge in any activity that distracts you while you shave to avoid any cuts.
- Do not use a razor that is already used by someone else
- Do not use the same razor more than twice
- Keep the razors covered when not in use.
Benefits of Waxing:
For those ladies who need to get rid of their hair for weeks, waxing is the best option. If you are a pro at waxing, it won’t take you long hours. One advantage of waxing is that you can also use it on sensitive areas of your body like your face. If you have thick hair then waxing is a great option as it ensures that soft hair grows after you wax. A good and high-quality wax will cost you more but will not irritate your skin. In the long run, it reduces hair growth. Waxing works best on full-grown hair.
How to make the best use of waxing?
Make sure that you keep the following things in mind while you wax:
- Make sure that your skin is dry before waxing by sprinkling baby powder on it so that waxing strip adheres better.
- Make sure wax is not very hot before you apply it on skin
- Apply wax in direction of hair growth and use waxing strip to pull it in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Always use a wooden spatula for waxing and not a steel knife.
- Do not wax the same area more than twice for it might damage your skin.
- Apply ice on your skin after waxing to soothe it.
So, go ahead and confidently wear your shorts or sleeveless top, for now, you are no more confused about what suits you best.