No more worrying over a child’s school time treat! make them this potato and corn snack and watch their eyes glow.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
Makes 4 servings
4 large potatoes
For The Corn Filling
1 1/2 cups boiled tender sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1 slit green chilli , finely chopped
1/4 cup low fat milk mixed with 2 tsp cornflour
2 tsp low fat butter
salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
For The Topping
2 tbsp grated mozzrella cheese
- Wrap the potatoes in an aluminum foil and bake in a hot oven at 200°c (400°f) till tender (about 30 minutes).
- Cool slightly, remove the foil and split each baked potato horizontally into two.
- Scoop the potato halves a little so that a slight depression is formed for the filling. Keep aside.
For the corn filling
- Heat the butter and fry the onions for ½ minute.
- Add the green chilli and fry again for a few seconds.
- Add the corn, milk and corn flour mixture, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes, till the sauce thickens. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Fill each potato half with the corn filling top with the grated cheese and bake in a hot oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes. Serve hot.
by Tarla Dalal & www.tarlaldalal