Makes 4 servings
3 cups milk
1 tbsp vanilla custard powder
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp (5 grams) chopped agar-agar
1/4 cup finely chopped almonds (badam)
For The Caramel
sugar for caramelising
- Soak the agar-agar in ¾ cup of cold water for 5 minutes. Cook on a slow flame until it dissolves.
- Keep aside ½ cup of milk. Mix the custard in this cold milk.
- Boil the remaining milk with the sugar. When the milk starts boiling, add the custard and continue cooking until you get a smooth sauce.
- Add the cooked agar-agar to the custard. Boil again for 2 minutes. Strain the mixture and cool it slightly.
- Add half the almonds and mix well. Pour this mixture into 4 serving cups and refrigerate till firm.
- Heat the sugar in a pan with a teaspoon of water over a medium flame till it is light brown in colour and is caramelized.
- Pour the caramel over the set custard and sprinkle some almonds on top.
- Serve immediately.
- Do not refrigerate after pouring the caramelised sugar on top as the sugar will sweat and spoil the appearance of the dessert.
by Tarla Dalal & www.tarlaldalal.com
[su_button url=”http://womennow.in/category/recipes/” target=”blank” style=”glass” background=”#ffbaf8″ size=”4″ icon=”icon: cutlery”]More Recipes[/su_button]