Instagram Account: withlovemissd
Essential Oils are naturally extracted oils from plants. These are widely used for beauty treatment, health-care and food preparation.
The chemical infused cosmetic products are harmful to our skin which we fail to realize. Essential oils are an ancient beauty secret that can be used for naturally glowing skin along with several other benefits. They can be used as single oils or can be used by mixing with other oils as desired by the user.
Here are some of the best essential oils that can be used for the skin as well as hair:
Lavender oil is the most versatile of essential oils. It offers both physical and emotional relief along with its nostalgic fragrance. Some of the benefits of this oil are:
- It can be used on chapped or sunburned lips. Just apply a few drops and rub it on lips.
- Having sleeping problems? Just rub a few drops of lavender oil on your palms and inhale it with a deep breath. You can put it on your pillow as well.
- If you are feeling stressed and need a relief. Just run a bath and add few drops of oil in your water tub and soak in it. Lavender oil is excellent for aching muscles, stress relief and relaxation.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil, also known as melaleuca oil, is one of the finest antibiotic plants, well known for killing bacteria. It has been used for years for its healing and disinfecting properties. However, never ingest the oil orally. Do not use it alone ever. Always mix it with water or any oil.
Here’s why you need to carry a bottle of tea tree oil in your bag always:
- It is an ultimate cure for acne. Mix a two/three drops of tea tree oil in water or any other oil and dab it on the acne.
- It can be used against dandruff. Mix a few drops in the shampoo bottle and use it for hair wash.
- Facing nail irritations? Dab a few drops of oil on the nails and you won’t feel the irritation again.
- It can also be used to remove toenail fungus.
Rosemary oil is most used in Aromatherapy. It has many health and skin benefitting properties in it. Some of them are
- Rosemary oil helps in removing wrinkles and bags on the skin. Massage your skin with this oil and it will help in removing the damage tissues.
- Rich in antioxidants, rosemary oil is helpful in slowing down the aging of the skin and also helps in tightening the sagging skin
- It is also known for darkening hairs. So if you have graying hair apply this oil and massage it in your hair.
- It is also a great conditioner and can be used to soften hair.
Carrot seed oil is an essential oil extracted from dry roots and seeds of wild carrots. It is highly nutrient. Apart from its health benefits, it also offers the following beauty benefits:
- Carrot seed oil is a very good moisturizer. It helps in restoring moisture in the skin without clogging the pores
- It is a natural effective sunscreen. It helps in recovering skin damages, sunburns and also prevents skin cancer.
- If you have any skin infections then you can use this oil to make your skin toxic free.
Argan oil or Morocco Argan oil is extremely rich in vitamin E and that’s why it is the most popular cosmetic choice for celebrities. Use this oil in order to avail the following benefits:
- People who have dry, flaky and itching skin can use this argan oil to have irritation-free moisturized skin. Massage this oil on the skin and it’ll give you a soothing effect.
- If you have chapped, dry sore lips then use this oil as a balm on your lips. You’ll have plump and soft lips in few days
- Argan oil can be used on stretch marks to tighten the skin
- It is also very good for hair, preferably for damaged hair. It can be used to cure split ends and frizzy hair.
Essential oils are pretty amazing for skin, aren’t they? Make sure to store these pure oils as per your skin type. But note that you do not use them in pregnancy or for kids.