Although tiny, cute and unable to speak like adults, babies have been found to possess way better abilities and skills than grownups.
- Babies can assess the emotions of dogs. A study conducted in 2009 showed that babies could respond quite effectively to their body language.
- Although babies are unable to speak, they can understand if you are at an emotional low. According to a study conducted by the journal Neuron, babies can easily distinguish a sad tune of Beethoven’s Seventh Symphony from that of more joyous ones.
- The cute little ones can also respond to music and dance to the tune. In comparison to a recorded speech, babies reacted to musical beats and moved their heads, hands, legs, feet and torso. Thus, the ability to dance is quite natural in human beings although it is still not proven as to why.
- According to a research published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, the Newborns also have the ability to learn while they are in their sleep. Scientists believe that this might be to ensure their survival and also to adapt to the world as quickly as possible.
- Babies also have the ability to learn languages faster than adults. Studies show than they can tell differences between two languages and can process grammar since 15 months of age.
- They also possess excellent marine ability to swim like seals. Babies under 6 months of age can naturally hold their breaths, and keep their heart rates low so as to be able to conserve oxygen. Hence, babies submerged under water can survive longer than adults.
- When the cheeks or the corners of a baby’s mouth is stroked, it moves towards that side with an open mouth. This is thought to be reflex whereby the baby naturally aims at sucking the mother’s nipple.