These delicious breakfast pancakes are enriched with wheat bran, bananas and milk and are perfect for brunch. Bananas and milk provide you with all the energy, protein and calcium needed to carry out your regular activities, while walnuts add omega-3 fatty acid. Most of us consider waffles and pancakes to be really sinful indulgences. It is actually the ingredients we eat with them like butter, jam or honey that actually make them full of calories. Go ahead and dab a little butter on your pancakes but remember it is an indulgence that should not be overdone.
Makes 6 pancakes
1/4 cup mashed banana
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (akhrot)
1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
2 tbsp wheat bran
1/2 cup milk
4 tbsp castor sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp melted butter
3 tsp butter to cook
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add ½ cup of water and whisk well till no lumps remain.
- Divide the batter into 6 equal portions.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), pour a portion of the batter into a 100 mm (4″) diameter thick circle.
- Put ½ tsp butter on the edges and cook each pancake on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 5 more pancakes.
- Serve immediately with bananas and drizzled with honey.
By tarladalal.com & Tarla Dalal