Delicious Achaari Dahi Bhindi.
With pungent achaari spices and tangy curds, bhindi takes a new avatar.
2 tsp chopped ginger (adrak)
3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh thick curds (dahi)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
3/4 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
4 tbsp oil
salt to taste
For the achari masala
- Wash, wipe dry and slit the ladies finger into half and then cut them into 25 mm. (1″) pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and sauté the ladies finger in it , in 2 batches. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil another pan and add the achaari masala to it.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger and tomatoes. Sauté for 5 minutes till the mixture leaves oil.
- Meanwhile whisk together the curds, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Add this mixture to the pan, mix well and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the ladies finger and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
by Tarlal Dalal & www.tarladalal.com