Detoxifying your body is a very efficient way of cleaning it off the toxins that have accumulated with the heavy intake of junk and exposure to pollution.
How do you decide whether you need a detox?
- Heaviness or Bloating
- Untimely cravings
- Difficulty in losing weight
- Bad breath
- Digestive problems
- Sluggishness or tiredness after a few hours’ work
Simple ways to Detox your body
- Reduce your sugar dependence. This includes not just with crystalline sugar but also honey and malt based sweet beverages. Intake of huge amounts of sugary junk strains your pancreas and decreases its efficiency. With time, the effect shows on your body weight, increases your susceptibility to develop diabetes and cancer.
- Start your day by consuming a glass of water with the juice of half a lemon in order to ease out the elimination of waste from your body. This also rehydrates your system after a long nights’ gap.
- Exercising also helps eliminating toxins and improves the overall health of the body by improving digestion, lubricating joints and strengthening the core.
- Increase your tea intake. Tea is not just packed with anti oxidants, it also kicks your metabolism and helps your control your food cravings by keeping you satiated for a long time.
- To help your body function the right way, you need to fuel it with all the goodness of a coloured diet, fruits and vegetables along with whole grains, seeds and nuts. Unlike raw, unprocessed food, processed food is devoid of essential nutrients.
- Sauna bath is something a lot of people swear by. Sweating it out is the best possible way to get rid of the toxins. Plus, your skin glows!
- Dry skin brushing and exfoliation with natural products lets you shoo away the dead skin cells that give you a duller appearance. Exfoliation also regulates blood circulation which is overall beneficial for a healthier you.
- Minimize use of chemical household cleaning and personal products like deodorants, shampoos, cleansers.
- Meditate in order to attract all the positive energy and fresh air to help your body function better.