This dessert is easy to make, and passes off for gourmet cooking! Chocolate mousse is sandwiched between sliced chocolate sponge cake, so you have a soft deposit in the middle! Slice off thick wedges and indulge!
Setting time: 3 to 4 hours
Makes 6 servings
1 ( 6”) readymade eggless chocolate sponge cake
1 cup roughly chopped dark chocolate
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp powdered sugar
3/4 cup whipped cream
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp honey
For The Garnish
1/2 cup grated dark chocolate
- Cut the sponge horizontally into half. Put one half of the sponge back into the tin.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and mix well until no lumps remain.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and the whipped cream in a deep bowl and fold gently.
- Add the chocolate–milk mixture and fold gently.
- Add the vanilla essence and honey and fold gently.
- Pour the chocolate mousse in the centre and spread it evenly.
- Cover with the other half of the sponge and refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled garnished with grated chocolate.
By tarladalal.com & Tarla Dalal