An outfit looks bland without any accessories and jewelry. Jewelry can boost your confidence. Although this might not make sense to you, few of you might actually agree with me on this. A piece of jewelry is not just meant to flaunt, it is a beautiful way to adorn yourself and it also adds up glam to your outfit. Are you one of those girls who loves jewelry but does not know how to wear it yourself? We are here to help you with this.
First and foremost thing you should remember is to keep your style intact. Don’t copy others, just learn from them. Jewelry should always compliment your outfit and you. There should be a perfect balance. Don’t go on adding too much or too less. If you are an accessory and jewelry lover then any kind of it will make you happy, regardless of whether it is big or small, real or fake, too sober or over-the-top kind. It is actually fun to mix and match the jewelry and also to stack up the fantastic jewelry. It is immensely satisfying when a single piece of jewelry can add so much to a normal, ordinary outfit.
Keep The Balance Game On
You should know to keep the balance. Don’t overdo it. Know that sometimes more is too much because sometimes less is more. Everything depends on what you are wearing and where you are headed to. If you have already accessorized with multiple layers then consider removing one piece of jewelry. Visualize what you are wearing on someone else and you will come to know about it. If you are already wearing a bold, long dangling pair of earrings then go for rather a subtle necklace or neck chain and bracelet. This, of course, depends on your outfit as well. Balance is the key always.
Consider Your Neckline When You Wear A Neckpiece
Do you really need a neckpiece? Sometimes your outfit is enough; there is no need to accessorize it with a necklace. Wearing a round neck piece when you are wearing a round neck shirt would be a good idea. Layering up a mix of varied shapes of neck chains can also look really festive, but don’t add too many, know when to stop. You’ll look weighed down if you add too many strands, which you don’t want. Always wear a necklace or neck chain when you are wearing a low cut shirt or dress. A high neck t-shirt or top can be adorned with bib necklaces because they look awesome together. If you have a nice collection of the long neck chains then you can easily go for chill vibe by pairing it with button down shirts.
Hipster Jewelry Goes Really Well With Maxi Dresses
Hipster jewelry hardly goes out of style. Hipster jewelry looks really well with long maxi dresses. The feather earrings look really good with the long silhouettes. If you are a minimalist then you can go for small ear pins. Ear pins suit all kind of outfits- casual, trendy or dressy.
Match Basic T-Shirt With Rings
Again this is for those minimalists who don’t like to add too much of bling to their look. Stacking a different set of rings can add so much versatility to your wardrobe. A ring can be your signature style. It isn’t necessary for you to have a big blob of rock on your finger to glam it up. You can wear a basic tee and add up different kind of rings to give a funky look, and pair it up with gladiators and you are good to go. When you are wearing rings, one thing you have to remember is that you’ll be drawing attention to your hands which means you got to have clean hands and nails, of course.
A Denim Shirt With A Loaded Necklace
Denim button-up shirts look really good but sometimes you just feel like something is missing. At such times add a statement necklace to your outfit and you’ll feel complete. Also, pop open the first button of your denim shirt.
Don’t Forget The Earrings
Most often we get ready in a hurry. We dress up and wear rings, necklace and bangles/ bracelet. But we forget to change our earrings. Some people wear gold earrings or even silver ones and they don’t change them for months and years. But a pair of earrings can change your whole look. There are so many varieties of earrings ranging from studs to dangling earrings. You can opt to change them daily and it will add interest to your day to day style. You can choose earrings that suit the frame of your face, hair, and color. This way you can also get a chance to clean the old ones you have been wearing for a while now.
Mixing The Metals
For a long while, people thought that mixing metals is not a good idea. But it is no longer the same. You no longer have to stick to all over silver or gold jewelry. Different metal layered necklaces, rings, and bangles are so much trending now. They give you a chic look. They add a vibrant look to your outfits. But don’t mix up too many metals, stick to two or three. Otherwise, it will look like a jumbled mess. Mixing up jewelry of different width, shapes and size often make you stand out.
Take Your Outfit Into Consideration
Your jewelry surely comes handy in bringing your outfit together, but jewelry should always be chosen as per the outfit. You can’t just put on whatever comes to your mind or whatever comes into your hands. You really need to think it through, look into the mirror and then decide. Maybe these tips can help you
- Statement necklaces go really well with collared shirts so if you feel that you look kind of boring then just put on a stunning necklace and you’ll rock it.
- Love wearing nudes but don’t know how to accessorize? You don’t have to worry much. Nudes are pretty subtle so what you can do is jazz it up by adding some pop of color or by wearing metal jewelry with colorful stones.
- Wearing a striped t-shirt or a dress? Then look for any piece of jewelry that has crystals. The two or three layered necklaces look awesome with the stripes as well.
- If you love wearing black then you can rock the look by wearing an all-black ensemble and adding funky neon jewelry or any funky piece of jewelry.
- If you have a new outfit which has prints and you are confused as to what to accessorize with it, just look for some corals like powder blue or peach pinks necklace or earrings because corals and prints complement each other.
- Everyone has that summer white dress which they love but it sometimes makes you look plain. Just add some orange and pink jewelry, it will give you a beachy and summery look
- Have a pair of beautiful jhumkis but don’t know when to wear them? Wear them when you wear cotton dresses, especially those A-lined ones.
- If you are someone who loves wearing ethnic kurtas then you should really consider buying a set of fun bangles or those oxidized bracelets. Trust me, you won’t need any other accessory for this to complete the look.
Don’t Be A Fashion Slave
It is good to follow trends but don’t become a slave to the trends. You’ll end up losing your own style if you just follow the trends blindly. Not to mention, it puts a dent in your pocket too. Let the trends influence your style to a certain extent only. Always prefer your own style before trends and mix both of them up a bit but never forget your style. Just own it.