We women, are well accustomed to zits, pop-ups and break-outs that bump out on our skin, uninvited! Pimples or acne is a very common issue in women going through adolescence. And sometimes, not even that!
What’s the cause?
Acne can result out of various known reasons or just like that! To fight acne, you first have to investigate what actually is making your skin break-out. Some of the common acne-inducing reasons are :
- Oily skin
- Hormonal imbalance
- Imbalanced diet(oily, greasy food)
- Make-up or unsuitable skin products
- No proper skin care regimen
- Several women health issues(PCOS etc)
- Lack of hydration
It’s obviously not easy to combat acne just at once and get away with it. It is a gradual process that will yield results eventually. We have to be patient and committed enough to beat those zits, out of our faces!
This 4-step process however sums up almost everything that you need to do about your acne and fight it away, like a pro!
- CLEANSE : Our skin, especially our face is exposed to whatever surrounds us. Dirt, pollution and our hands that carry germs most of the times. So we need to clean our skin, not every now and then, but three times a day. Wash your face with a good cleanser that contains effective cleansing constituents such as salicylic acid or glycolic acid. For effective and thorough cleansing, make sure you exfoliate your skin, once a fortnight. Exfoliating your skin will help removing the upper dead skin layer and soak out impurities from the inside of pores. You can use clay masks, scrubs and exfoliators for the same. Remember, never scrub when you have an active zit on your face, because that will induce more zits around the active one.
Keep your surroundings clean. Especially your toiletries, your towel and the pillow cover, you rest your face on, has to be changed every two days!
2. HYDRATE : Always, keep your skin hydrated both externally and internally. Use a good hydrating and nourishing moisturizer according to your skin texture. Milk moisturizers and some medically advised such as Cetaphil will help making your skin soft and supple. Try avoiding chemically laden moisturizers.
Drink pure water! Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water each day. This will help your body to maintain it’s equilibrium and balance the pH of your skin also. Most of the times we feel hungry, we are actually thirsty and not hungry. So check with some water intake first!
3. PROTECT : Taking care of your skin, essentially, demands to protect it after following the above two steps. If you are not protecting your skin, all the efforts that you make, drain in vain. Shield your skin against the sun, harmful diet and pollutants. Here are some ways to do that:
- Always wear a SPF sunscreen. Wether you move out on a cloudy day, or for just 15 minutes.
- Cover your face with a scarf or cloth when you are traveling on road.
- Wear a hat.
- Always, wear sunglasses, because the skin around your eyes is very thin and needs protection, the most.
- Keep your hands off your face. Touching your face again and again can lead dirt to transfer from your hands to the facial skin.
- Wash your hands often!
4. FADE : Stubborn acne tends to leave behind stubborn acne marks and blemishes! These marks take over six to twelve months to fade away properly from your skin. To make your skin marks, fade early and effectively you need to supplement your skin both naturally and medically. Here’s how you can do that:
- A good skin care regimen
- Stop touching, scratching or popping up your zits.
- Apply natural products such as aloe, lavender to calm the break-out.
- Eat veggies, lots of them! Drink homemade fruit juices.
- Apply mark fading products that contain Vitamin C, Kojic acid or Hydroquinone.
- Detox and Exercise! Exercise produces sweat that drains out impurities with it. And gives you a shiny skin.
And most importantly, be happy. Stress can do a lot of harm to your skin which is irreparable, most of the times. Being happy and confident about yourself will promote better functioning of your body and flush the acne out!