The feminist movement is thriving. More women become aware of the inequality that manifests in various life aspects. Some countries fight such inequality more successfully, while others oppress this movement. The subject of feminism is in the spotlight, and many news agencies publish articles or videos about women standing up for their rights.
In an academic environment, feminism also takes an honorable place. More students become aware of the subject, and educational institutions coin entire courses in feminism. Such programs aim to make students more knowledgeable about feminism and bolster their abilities to help level off equality between women and men.
But, however simple it might sound, studying feminism isn’t easy. Students must know the movement’s history, its most potent factors, the notion, etc. The best way to enhance skills is through essays. Whether or not you study feminism and have to write an essay about the area, you will find the necessary information right here. In collaboration with female experts from a cheap essays writing service, we have put together the best topics for a paper about feminism.
But before delving into specifics, it would be reasonable to figure out what feminism actually is. Many people feel indifferent toward feminism, and they don’t understand why feminism is still prevalent these days. According to them, feminism is the movement in the 19th century that fought for women’s right to vote. But is that simple?
Indeed, the starting point for the movement’s emergence was this restriction. However, the concept of feminism goes way beyond the right to vote. As Merriam Webster states, feminism is belief in and advocacy of social, political, and economic equality of the sexes. This definition demonstrates that feminism touches upon various aspects that treat females unequally.
Types of Feminism
Several types of feminism exist these days. You may wonder why knowing them is crucial for writing the paper. The thing is, when you are aware of these types, you can narrow down your ideas and come up with an excellent topic. It will be of immense help when writing more extensive papers, such as a thesis and dissertation. Nonetheless, let’s make a brief overview of predominant types of feminism.
- Separatist Feminism: People who follow this type are usually against any heterosexual relations. They say that every relationship with a man leads to patriarchy.
- Black Feminism: Black feminists believe that racial and gender discrimination go hand in hand. They aspire to get rid of black inequality, which will lead to equality for everyone.
- Ecofeminism: This movement is somewhat philosophical, as feminists believe their oppression is tightly connected with the destruction of the environment.
- Socialist and Marxist Feminism: Socially-driven movement claiming that the institution of marriage and work have a detrimental impact on women, exploiting them personally and financially.
- Cultural Feminism: Cultural feminism believes that the world needs more women in culture, as only they can solve all psychological, cultural, and aesthetic problems.
- Radical Feminism: Radical feminism focuses on the root of the problem. It believes that men are this root, and unless the order of things doesn’t change, the issue will remain.
- Liberal Feminism: Liberal feminists believe that political and social reforms are capable of changing the ongoing inequality.
- I-Feminism: It is a new branch of feminism, which stands for internal peace, individuality, freedom, and harmony. I-Feminism supports every choice, as long as it doesn’t harm women.
Upon looking at the types, it becomes apparent that there are many factors for feminism’s appearance. Some individuals fight for social equality. In turn, others stand up for economic freedom and environmental resolutions. When you write an essay, make sure to choose one or two factors and look at them in a broader scope. Writing about everything and nothing in particular will do you no good.
Best Topics With Excellent Ideas for the Paper
Finally, we are ready to look at great topics on feminism along with potential ideas for them. You are free to modify them, but remember to have a clear argument and a thesis statement.
Feminism in literature
Undoubtedly, the topic might seem ordinary. However, the history of feminism in literature is rich, and you can write about many aspects. For example, you can take English literature and write about the Bronte sisters, Jane Austen, or Virginia Wolf. The latter was among authors that used a stream of consciousness in their literary works. You can use that in your essay to emphasize her ingenuity.
Do men have to fight for women’s rights?
Let’s be honest, people often jump on the bandwagon to get that hype and become in the limelight. Some men who enter the feminist movement are no exception. For example, if you agree that men have to stand up for gender equality, you can write about tremendous work done by Barack Obama or Justin Trudeau.
The institution of family and freedom: Does marriage limit women?
Another great topic is to write about the notion of marriage. Is it essential in the 21st century? Does it allow women to develop intellectually and spiritually? Regardless of the stance you take, make sure to provide examples to back up your arguments.
The portrayal of feminists in leftist and rightist media
Politics plays a pivotal role in our lives. Media can manipulate facts to make people believe various facts that are fallacies. This topic lets you analyze left and right-wing media resources and identify their rhetoric on feminism.
How feminism contributes to peace, economic stability, and financial freedom?
Many people underestimate the feminist movement, claiming that it can easily fall apart. Feminism encompasses the finest women who come from different cultural, ethnic, racial, and educational backgrounds. Women are reported to be less hot-headed than men. And there is an abundance of examples where females as executives reached terrific goals.
And the list can be limitless. Any topic about feminism is excellent. What is far more critical is the ideas for an essay. The mentioned five topics give you a glance at how your paper can be developed. When writing it, make sure to remain reasonable and provide credible examples. They will make your standpoint valid, easily checked, and unbiased.