Ask us Anything
0 like 0 dislike
A few months ago, my grandpa died from complications in his lungs. He and I were very close since I’ve lived with him since I was young. He was a father figure to me. In fact, I was closer to him than my real father which explains why his death has affected me so much. I feel as if there is a huge void in my heart which nothing and no one can fill in, not even my gf.

Recently, my gf opened up to me telling me that she feels that I’m being distant to her. Honestly, I think she’s right. But it doesn’t mean I don’t want her anymore. I’m serious about her ever since I met her in that matchmaking tour we joined in about two years ago, I’ve thought about our future. However, at this moment in time, I’m just in a difficult situation and I’m trying my best to cope with what has been happening as soona s possible. She doesn’t seem to understand though. What should I do?
asked in Love and Breakup by (110 points) | 260 views

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
My prayers are with you and your family. May God help you bear this great loss. Well, first of all, you should try and make your girlfriend understand the situation that you are in at the moment. Ask her for her support through this. If you guys are able to work out something that helps lessen your grief I am sure that your relationship will emerge stronger than ever before. If however, she is unable to give you that kind of support, you need to take some time off. This does not mean that you have to end your relationship. Just let her know that you need time to heal. Once you have come to terms with the tragedy of losing your grandfather, you will be able to have a normal relationship again.
answered by
Welcome to WomenNow Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Most popular questions within the last 30 days

1. Strange discharge for a few days before period + late period? (1)
  2. Dating two men? (0)
188 questions
420 answers
74 comments
4,765 users