PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a very common disease, concerning women . Latest surveys throughout the world show that every 4 women out of 10, suffer from PCOS. It is a hormonal imbalance condition. PCOS is a medical condition under which female body starts secreting male hormones in an amount which is generally higher than the average.
PCOS Symptoms generally constitute of the following symptoms:
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Ovarian cysts
- Facial acne
- Hirsutism (excessive growth of hair on face)
- Hair loss (head) and thinning
- Unreasonable weight gain to the lower part of body
If it isn’t treated, over time it can lead to serious health problems such as heart disease and diabetes.
Doctors have stated PCOS to be incurable, as of now. But the good news is, we can always put it under control and take the reigns of our hormonal system.
All you have to do is, give up your hectic lifestyle and take care of your beautiful body.
- Manage your weight: Weight loss when you suffer from PCOS is believed to cure the problem half way. However losing weight is not going to be an easy task under PCOS. You have to work harder than usual. Having a balanced diet and evening walks and morning jogging sessions can help a lot.Cut the gluten in your diet: It’s sad but your body can’t process high level of sugar then you really have to cut down on all the junk that you are eating! But the price is quite small and enables you to escape the difficult outcomes of PCOS disease.
- Give up dairy: Products containing milk like cheese, milk, yogurt and butter etc. have hormones like testosterone, prolactin and progesterone. That might hinder the weakening of PCOS symptoms over your body! You can always source calcium from other alternatives like kidney, beans, celery and cabbage.
- Yoga: Yoga has worked wonders for our bodies since ancient time. Yoga in PCOS, helps us with calming down our intensely perturbed souls and increasing the flexibility of our body. Famous yoga poses such as the milk-churning pose, butterfly pose, Bhardvajasana and Shavasana can help you recover from PCOS at the early stage of the disease.
At last, just keep faith! Do not take up any medication until the situation goes severe. PCOS is a lifestyle disease and has to be cured by curing to a correct and healthy lifestyle. Keep positive about your body. Keep working through it and keep faith.