India is a country where aptitude and intelligence can be found in abundance. The nation is a brainpower paragon in the world platform. Indian achievements have been acknowledged for centuries and the whole wide world eyes upon its successes. Its status as a global power is not only recognized but increasingly institutionalized. Despite limitations, India increasingly has the ideas, people, and tools to shape the global order.
India has contributed to the field of architecture, astronomy, cartography, metallurgy, logic, mathematics, medicine, metrology and mineralogy .During recent times it has contributed vastly to automobile engineering, information technology, communications as well as research into space and polar technology.
India is a nation which has exemplary contributions in making life simpler by pushing its boundaries to greater heights. India through its Chandrayaan Mission established that lunar water is present on Moon. Worldwide, India was the only source of diamonds until the discovery of mines in Brazil in the 18th century. Almost 5000 years ago, diamonds were first recognized and mined in central India.
India is one of the emerging national economies which have gained recognition on a world stage. Over 20 Indian-origin youths are among Forbes magazine’s annual list of the world’s “brightest young stars” under the age of 30 from diverse fields like finance, media, sports and education, described by the publication as “prodigies reinventing the world right now.”
India’s youth is has sparking talent and capabilities. This is an exhilarating time for India, as its majority population is young and ambitious. Never before has youth been such an advantage. These founders and funders, brand builders and do-gooders aren’t waiting around for a proper career bump up the establishment ladder. Their ambitions are way bigger — and perfectly suited to the dynamic, entrepreneurial, and impatient digital world they grew up in. India’s youth are its best and most influential asset, as many are engaged in their local communities, are politically motivated and want to create positive changes to improve the quality of lives. The challenges facing India, disproportionately affect young people, the potential of these young people is powerful, as their abilities to possibly improve things are infinite. Particularly, this generation is adept at using popular culture to reach a wider audience for their campaigns and initiatives. Young people in India are considered to be vital as they bring new ideas and with it change and improve things in the country.
India has been rich in culture, religion, tradition, science, literature and prosperity since ever it was found to be existed and before as well. We have been grown up without knowing our prosperity, which is a must.
Some of the valuable contributions of India to the world are listed below:
- The decimal number system of place value 10 was invented by Indians.
- Indians were the first to use Zero as a numeral.
- The present place value system was invented by Indians.
- Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry and Calculus originated in India.
- The Binary number system which is used in modern computers and digital devices was invented in India.
- The value of “pi” correct to 5 decimal places was manipulated by Arya Bhatta and he was the first scientist to declare pi as an irrational number.
- Budhayana explained the concept of what is known as the Pythagorean Theorem today. He discovered this in the 6th century, which was long before the European mathematician, Pythagoras was born.
- Newton’s theory of gravity was known to Indians 1200 years before Newton was born.
- Astronomy and Cosmology studies originated in India.
- Chess was invented in India.
- The game of snakes & ladders was created by the 13th century poet saint Gyandev. It was originally called ‘Mokshapat.’
- The world’s first university was the Takshila University which existed during 700 BC.
- Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to mankind. The father of medicine, Charaka, consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago in India.
- Usage of anesthesia was well known in ancient India medicine.
- The art of Navigation & Navigating was born in the river Sindh 6000 over years ago. The very word ‘Navigation’ is derived from the Sanskrit word NAVGATIH.
- Buddhism and Jainism originated in India.
These are just a few out of the enormous list of contributions made by the Indian intellects to the world. The innovative ideas and ground breaking concepts that Indians have formulated are applauded globally and will continue to do so in generations to come.