- This is a hands-on technical role that requires market-leading expertise in SAP BW. As a SAP BW Architect, you will Own customer success and delight by directing, organizing and leading one or
more engagement(s) in SAP BI.
- The SAP BW Solution Architect translates business requirements into a detailed architecture design and delivers the requirements by developing, enhancing, SAP BW/BOBJ reporting analytics solutions for Digital Solutions Business.
- This role also leads the implementation of reporting analytics solutions focused on managing data integrity, aggregating, reconciling and integrating data from multiple data sources (SAP and Non-SAP) into a global consolidated data lake reporting platform with Industry Best Practices to enable informed decision-making capabilities for Digital Solution Functions.
- In addition to an analytical and data-driven mind-set, the position requires interaction with a diverse business community and the need to resolve business critical issues promptly in a challenging and dynamic environment
- This role comes with an enormous opportunity to grow professionally, functionally, technically and personally in an efficient and collaborative team atmosphere.
- Work with client stakeholders to understand business processes and requirements
- Analyze business and functional requirements to define target
SAP BI/BW solution architecture
- Single point of contact for overall technology architecture & design
- Design specifications for solution components, evaluating various options (Installation of standard objects, enhancements to existing
objects and creation of custom objects)
- Prepare detailed implementation plan with timelines
- Support Executing project as per plan, and ensure defect-free delivery of solution on-time
- Work with other technical SMEs to develop long-term strategy for sustainable and flexible reporting architecture on top of SAP BW
- Ensure adoption of best-in-class practices and standards for development, support, quality control and documentation
- Drive timely and proactive issue identification, escalation & resolution.
- Provide technical leadership for the team to perform the following activities.
- Design and develop BW data models & data flow objects in SAP BW 7.5
- Build InfoCubes, ODS/DSO, Multi-providers, Composite providers,
Open ODS, Transient providers, transformations, extractors, data sources and
- Design and develop complex BEx queries to meet reporting requirements
- Adopt data modeling & data flow design best practices to develop robust & scalable solutions.
- Configure and install SAP BW Business Content
- Activate, Configure & Enhance Generic and Business Content Extractors by functional area
- Optimize reporting and data load performance through Query monitoring tool, Aggregates, Indexes, InfoCube Compression, InfoCube Partitioning and Statistics.
- Develop and trouble shoot ABAP programs including user exits,
function modules and start/end/expert routines
6 to 8 years of relevant, hands-on experience with the following:
- SAP BW ETL and modeling
- SAP BEx – Query Designer, Analyzer and Web Analyzer
- SAP BW + BOBJ Integration
- Configuration and installation of SAP BI Standard Content
- Strong ABAP skills
- BW 7.4 + and LSA++ architecture experience
- BW Upgrade Experience
Following expertise, while optional will be a plus:
- Experience on SAP HANA Enterprise
- Strong ETL experience with tools such as, SAP BO Data Services,
Informatica or SSIS
- Experience on non-SAP Visualization tools like Tableau, Spotfire
- The candidate should have a strong business acumen and understanding in a business process area (Finance, Supply Chain, Project Management, and Manufacturing) and proven track record in leading and developing complex SAP BW/BI enterprise solutions for global organizations.
- Knowledge in SAP EEC SD, MM, PS and FI/CO modules.
- Working experience in Rally
To apply for this job please visit bakerhughes.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.