Baker Hughes Digital is looking for a Staff Software Architect to establish and instil technical excellence in the work they and their teams produce. The person needs to have a strong technical background and excellent IT skills with experience in designing and developing a unified vision for software characteristics and functions. The role would not only focus on short-term outcomes, but also take into account continually changing product and technical landscapes, ensuring long-term technical viability and sustainability. The role would constantly innovate and minimize and reduce technical debt, improve software development efficacy and strive to create and achieve exceptional software solutions.
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product.
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility.
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards.
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team.
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Proven experience as software architect
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (NodeJS, Python, Java etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modelling methods.
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles.
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail.
- High quality organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 12 years of industry experience of which at least 8 years full-time cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) and applications architecture.
- Hands on experience in developing
enterprise software solutions, preferably based on Java technology stack.
- Experience working Open Stack cloud deployment
- Experience working on connectivity of devices to cloud applications or ERP systems
- Expert-level knowledge of Spring (MVC, Data JPA, Security, Boot, Batch), REST APIs, JSON and xml
- Expert-level knowledge of Angular JS or other modern UI framework
- Knowledge of Web security
- Experience or knowledge of AWS/Azure/GCP is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit bakerhughes.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.