Tempting paneer teamed with spicy green chutney is sandwiched between purple yam and potato and baked to perfection.
- Preparation Time: 25 mins
- Baking time: 20 minutes
- Baking Temperature: 200° (400ºf)
- Makes 4 servings
To Be Mixed Into Kand Mixture
To Be Mixed Into Paneer Mixture
To Be Mixed Into Potato Mixture
- Grease the baking dish using ½ tsp of ghee.
- Spread the kand mixture evenly at the bottom of a greased baking dish, followed by the paneer mixture and finally the potato mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and sauté for a few seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the layered baking dish and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400ºf) for 20 minutes or till light brown in colour. Keep aside to cool for 2 minutes.
- Cut into 8 equal pieces and serve immediately with green chutney and peanut curd chutney.
One look at this recipe and you know that faraal foods can be more sumptuous and often more flavourful than everyday meals!
- Soaking time: 2 hours
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- Cooking Time: 11 mins
- Makes 2 servings
1 cup buckwheat (kutto or kutti no daro)
1/2 cup curds (dahi)
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 cup raw potato cubes
1 tbsp ginger-green chilli paste
rock salt or table to taste
2 tbsp roasted and coarsely powdered peanuts
1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Clean, wash and soak the buckwheat in enough water for 2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine 1½ cups of water and curds in a deep bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the potatoes, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the potatoes are half cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Lower the flame, add the ginger-green chilli paste, buckwheat, curds-water mixture and rock salt, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the peanuts and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Garnish with coriander and sesame seeds and serve immediately with peanut kadhi.