With a stuffing of energy-rich potatoes and nutrient-rich green peas, these whole wheat flour wraps are an apt snack for kids and adults alike. A semi-spicy mix of green chillies, amchur, jeera and dhania, makes the filling suitable for all age groups. Plus, preparation in a handy size makes the Potato and Green Peas Mini Wraps easy to serve and chomp into! If serving to very young children, you might want to skip the chopped green chillies, or replace it with a suitable quantity of chilli paste to avoid tearful bites.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 12 mins
Makes 8 mini wraps
For The Filling
2 cups boiled and peeled potato cubes
1 1/2 cups boiled green peas
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
salt to taste
For the dough
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle uisng a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti till light brown spots appear on both the sides. Keep aside.
For the filling
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the poatoes, green peas, dry mango powder, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, mashing lightly.
- Divide the filling into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Place a roti on a flat, dry surface, put a portion of the filling in the centre of the roti and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat step 1 to make 7 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
by Tarla Dalal & Tarladalal.com
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOU: