One of the most popular snack or starter is punjabi samosa, is easy to prepare at home with this samosa recipe. Serve the punjabi samosa with chole, imli chutney and beaten curd to satisfy your spicy palate.
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Makes 6 to 8 samosas
2 cups plain flour (maida)
1/2 cup warm oil
1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
1 cup green peas
1 tbsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tbsp coriander (dhania) powder
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp fennel seeds (saunf)
salt to taste
2 mashed potatoes
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, using warn water knead a semi-stiff dough.
- Cover in muslin cloth and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide into equal size ball and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan add the mustard seed when it splutter add the peas and fry for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric and saute for 2 seconds on high flame.
- Add all the powder masala, fennel seeds, salt and potatoes and fry very nicely till it becomes dry.
- Add the coriander, mix well. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Roll out the dough in small thin round chapati, cut it into half, make a cone of the half chapati and add the filling into it and close it with the help of water.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough and the filling to get more samosas.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the samosa, remember that u should fry the samosa on a slow flame till golden brown colour from all the sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
By tarladal.com & Tarla Dalal
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOU: