It is truly an exhilarating moment for every Indian to find Nita Ambani, Director of Reliance Industries in the top spot among the Asian Businesswomen List of the Forbes Magazine. What makes this further more important is the fact that Indian women are breaking stereotypes of a woman being only good enough to do household chores and hiding behind the success of their male counterparts. The other eight women who have made it to the Forbes’ top 8 include:
- Arundhati Bhattacharyya, Chairman and Managing Director, State Bank of India.
- Ambiga Dhiraj, CEO, MU Sigma
- Dipali Goenka, CEO, Welspun India
- Vinita Gupta, CEO Lupin
- Chanda Kochchar, Managing Director and CEO, ICICI Bank
- Vandana Luthra, Vice Chairman, VLCC
- Kiran Mazumdar- Shaw, Founder- Chairman& Managing Director, Biocon
This is something for everyone to draw an inspiration from. Not just have they bought about a new revolution in the business arena, it is also a message for every woman out there to strive for the best and free themselves from their characteristic dependence.