A crunchy and satiating option, the Green Peas, Carrot and Cauliflower Soup is a wholesome and tasteful soup that retains the natural flavours of the veggies to the hilt. It makes use of fibre-rich ingredients like green peas, cauliflower, cabbage and carrots. Avoid straining to retain the fibre content of the soup. Enjoy the crunch!
Makes 4 servings
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
1/2 cup cauliflower florets
4 cups basic vegetable stock
1 1/2 tsp oil
1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
2 pinches sugar
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch)
salt to taste
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 1/2 cup water
For The Garnish
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Combine the green peas, cauliflower and basic vegetable stock in a deep non-stick pan, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, till the green peas and cauliflower are tender and crunchy, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cabbage and carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the basic vegetable stock with the green peas and cauliflower, sugar, pepper and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occassionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture and soy sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|53calories||2.1 gm||6.7 gm||2.0 gm||2.9 mg|