Baking Time: 20 minutes
Baking Temperature: 180°C (360°F)
Makes 28 cookies
2 tbspgrated processed cheese
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
a pinch of chilli powder
a pinch of salt
1 cup plain flour (maida)
plain flour (maida) for rolling
- Beat the butter in a bowl until light and creamy.
- Add the cheese, chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the plain flour mix well and knead into a semi-stiff dough without using water.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter thin circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Cut into 8 small rounds of approx. 37 mm. (1 ½”) in diameter with the help of a cookie cutter.
- Scrape off the dough remaining after cutting the cookie rounds and continue making more cookies.
- Arrange the cookies on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely, store in an air tight container or pack in a tiffin box.
www.tarladalal.com & Tarla Dalal