Have you ever wondered why you dream of things and places you have no idea about? Or how can you tell what food it is by simply smelling it? It might sound crazy but there’s a psychological reason for our abrupt dreams, déjà vu and such similar experiences. Here are some mind blowing psychological facts that will make you say, “Seriously?”
1) It takes four minutes to fall in love!
2) Coffee acts as the best stress-reliever for women while it is opposite in the case of men.
3) Tilting your head while looking up makes you look more sexier and attractive.
4) When, without a reason, your mood gets low, you are definitely missing someone.
5) When a person cries and if the first tear drop falls from the right eye, it’s happiness. If it’s from the left, it’s pain.
6) To dream that someone is being mean to you suggest that you are being too hard on yourself. Give yourself a break!
7) A person who is lying about something will always keep his hands still while a person telling a true story will make use of hand gestures.
8) People who spend more time in the sun are likely to be more happier.
9) The type of music you listen affects the way your perceive the world.
10) Phantom Vibration syndrome- a psychological disorder that makes you feel your phone is vibrating. Surprisingly, 68% people are affected by it.
11) People who make others laugh are the most depressed people.
12) An average guy has 10 sexual partners, 6 one-night stands, and gets stood up twice before he finds the woman of his dreams, a study claims.
13) People with low self-esteem are more likely to humiliate others.
14) Gandhi believed that sex for pleasure was sinful and that husband and wife should live together as brother and sister.
15) 75% of people who marry from an affair end up with a divorce.
16) We tend to trust appearances than behaviour. This can be highly misleading.
17) The colder the room you sleep in, the better the chances are that you’ll have a bad dream.
18) The brain operates on the same amount of power as 10-watt light bulb.
19) A study found that men who run regularly have a higher sex drive and attract more women than men who don’t run.
20) The true mark of maturity is when somebody hurts you and you try to understand their situation instead of trying to hurt them back.
21) Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
22) Men spend almost a year of their lives staring at women.
23) Studies have shown that happiness is contagious. It can be hard for people to walk away from someone who is happy.
24) Studies have revealed that a man and a woman can never be just friends.
25) A person only dreams of someone whom he/she might have encountered in his/her life.
26) People who blush easily are more generous and trustworthy than those who don’t.
27) A person who have lost his cell phone experiences a panic attack similar to a near death experience, a study suggests.
28) Constantly dreaming about someone indicates that they may actually be thinking about you.
29) When someone is faking emotions, expressions are limited to the mouth movements instead of the whole face.
30) Talking to yourself actually makes you smarter.
Reynu joined WomenNow from the beginning on. She loves writing and combines this with her love for India, the country her parents emigrated from to the United States looking for a better life and opportunities. Studying litterature and journalism helped laid the foundation for her writing skills. She is into badminton and an avid runner. Her dream is to live between New York and Mumbai.