Have you been scratching your head a lot lately? If yes then chances are that you have lice in your hair. Having lice in one’s head can be an embarrassing problem. But now there is a solution to it. Tea tree oil can help one get rid of lice. We are all aware of the immense benefits of tea tree oil but how many of us actually know that tea tree oil can be used effectively to remove lice. Read on to know more.
- Combine a few drops of tea tree oil with coconut oil. Apply this mixture on your hair and leave it for some time. Wash off with shampoo and conditioner.
- Put tea tree oil on your scalp and leave it like that for the night. Shampoo it off the next morning.
- You can also make add lavender oil to tea tree oil and apply it to your hair. Tea tree oil will kill off the lice while the sweet smell of lavender oil will help to mask the strong smell of tea tree oil.
- Another oil that can be added to tea tree oil to cure lice is olive oil. Olive oil mixes well with tea tree oil and its moisturizing properties ensure that your hair remain soft and healthy.
- Take a few drops of tea tree oil and add it to your shampoo while shampooing your hair. If you are busy and do not have the time to apply tea tree oil to your hair the previous night, you can go for this shortcut measure which will help you get rid of lice.
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil to vodka and use it as a mask for your hair. It will help kill lice. Vodka is also good for dry hair.
- You can make a tea tree spray at home and use it every now and then to get rid of lice. Mix tea tree oil to water and put it in a spray bottle. Apply it often to your hair and scalp to get rid of lice.
Now that the lice have all been dead after the application of tea tree oil, the task remains of removing them from the scalp. First you need to comb your hair with a wide toothed comb and then with a fine toothed comb remove all the eggs and dead lice sticking to the hair. Next you can wash it off with a mild shampoo. Preferably, use a conditioner after washing your hair.
Points to remember:
- Regularly follow these methods to see great results.
- Use a tea tree oil of good quality.
- Before applying tea tree oil to your hair, conduct a patch test to see if you are allergic to it or not.
- Do not share combs with anyone in your family. Sharing combs can cause the spread of lice to other family membersa.