Varicose Veins Can Be Treated Simply By Taking Rest with Elevated Legs
Varicose veins has become very common among Indian women. About 30 to 40% women suffer from varicose veins & the occurrence seems to be increasing all around the world. Varicose veins is a common problem but is mostly ignored by the patients as it does not bother the normal functioning of the body in its initial stages. It is important for women to be equipped with the knowledge of this disease.Pain appears in late stages when complications take place.
What are Varicose Veins?
- Varicose vains is the disease of mainly lower limb (Leg) veins.
- It makes the veins of Legs dilated & tortuous.
- Occurs when your veins become enlarged, dilated and overfilled with blood.
- It is bluish-purple or red color.
- Often appears swollen and raised.
What are the symptoms?
- A sore or hefty feeling in your legs
- Burning, hurting, muscle cramping and bulge in your lower legs
- Exacerbated pain after sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Itching and irritation around one or more of your veins
Factors affecting Varicose Veins in Women
- Age-The risk of varicose veins in women increases with age. Similar is the case with men but women tending to be more prone. Aging causes wear and tear on the valves in the veins.
- Women are more likely to develop the condition. Hormonal variations during pregnancy, pre-menstruation or menopause may also contribute as factors.
- Hereditary – If other family members have suffered from varicose veins, chances are that you will too.
- Being overweight is the most common factor as it stresses out and puts additional pressure on your veins.
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time – This factor is common among the working women of today as they have to either sit at one place or stand and work so the blood flow becomes improper.
Natural Ways to Cure Varicose Veins
- Keep your blood pressure under control.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Stay active and allow the blood flow to be proper.
- Take rest while uplifting your legs.
- Avoid both standing and sitting for long periods of time.
- Do not cause exhausting pressure on your veins