Pomegranate dessert: Pomegranates shiny pink seeds are sweet, astringent and acidic. The juice is used in several mocktail recipes!
Here is a recipe of a slush made with fresh pomegranate juice. Chaat masala and black salt add a little tang to the recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 mins.
Cooking Time: Nil.
Ingredients for pomegranate dessert
6 cups fresh pomegranate (anar), seperated
8 tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
1/2 tsp black salt (sanchal)
- Keep ½ cup of pomegranate seeds aside.
- Put the remaining pomegranate seeds into a blender and liquidise.
- Strain the juice and discard the seeds.
- To the juice, add the sugar, cumin seed powder and black salt and mix well till it dissolves.
- Freeze in a freezer proof container till it has set (approximately 4 to 6 hours).
- Transfer to a blender and liquidise till it is slushy.
- Serve scoops of the mixture in 4 glasses
- Garnish with the remaining pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.
By tarladalal.com & Tarla Dalal