A quick pizza that is prepared without using an oven. Tortillas or left-over chapatis are topped with beans, tomatoes, capsicum and cheese to make this Bean and Pepper Tortilla Pizza. The trick here is to keep the flame sufficiently low while cooking the pizza so that the tortillas or chapatis get crisp and brown but do not burn.
Makes 4 tortilla pizzas
To Be Mixed Into A Topping
3/4 cup baked beans
1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1/4 cup deseeded and chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1/2 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
salt to taste
4 left-over tortillas or chapatis
olive oil for brushing
8 tbsp grated processed cheese
For The Garnish
a few sliced black olives
- Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan and brush it with a little olive oil.
- Place one tortilla on it, spread 1 portion of the topping evenly over it and sprinkle 2 tbsp cheese evenly over it.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on a very slow flame till the tortilla is crisp and the cheese has melted.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 3 more tortilla pizzas.
- Serve immediately.
By tarladalal.com & Tarla Dalal