For the love of winters! For the love of spice. Treat yourself to the mouth watering and lip smacking treat of these potatoes done in rich garlic-tomato gravy. This dish will pep up the senses on your tongue and enamor them with taste and spice!
All that you need:
- 4-medium sized potatoes (chopped in fair size)
- 3 tomatoes (chopped in pieces)
- 2 onions (chopped in pieces)
- Coriander (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 green chili (finely chopped)
- Salt (as per need)
- Black peppercorns (2-3)
- Cheese (2 cubes)
- Sugar (1/4th tbsp)
- Butter (2 tbsp)
- Cornflour(3 tbsp)
- Put the chopped pieces of tomato and onion in the mixer grinder. Grind it well to make an even mixture.
- Transfer it into a bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes with some sugar sprinkled in it.
- Heat the butter in pan and put chopped garlic and green chili in it. Saute till garlic is slight golden brown.
- Pour the tomato-onion mixture when the butter starts popping by heat.
- Add red chili powder(according to taste) and salt.
- Add black peppercorns. Saute for 15 minutes until it develops rich red color.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander. (Save some for garnishing). Take off the heat and transfer in microwave bowl.
- Mix salt and red chili powder in cornflour.Add little water to make a thick batter.
- Dip the potato pieces in this batter and let this rest for half an hour.
- After half an hour, shallow fry the potatoes.
- Put them in a bowl covered with paper tissues that will help soak the oil.
- Heat a small sizzler plate.
- Transfer it on it’s wooden base when hot enough.
- Put two cabbage leaves resting on half of the plate.
- Heat the mixture prepared in part-I and transfer the part-II potatoes on the plate.
- Pour the gravy quickly, just after the plate starts to sizzle because of the potatoes.
- Cover with grated cheese and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle black salt and some sugar on the top.
- Serve hot!
Part-III is for presentation purpose. You can simply dip the potatoes in the gravy and eat right away. Just add some cheese and salt on the top.
Try it out now! And share your reviews! 🙂
Discover more delicious recipes here :
- YOGHURT DIP, INDIAN CURD DIP WITH SPRING ONIONS
- STRAWBERRY TART (EGGLESS RECIPE)
- OATS AND ROASTED CAPISCUM SOUP