Carrot chutney: Here is an example of a recipe for a chutney consisting of carrots and tomatoes. The carrot-tomato chutney is aromatic and at once spicey. Served with hot steamed rice or dosas you achieve the best taste. Preparation Time:
Makes 2 to 4 servings
Ingredients for carrot chutney
1 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
9 chopped green chillies
10 whole dry kashmiri red chillies
1 tsp urad dal (split black lentils)
1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
2 tsp oil
salt to taste
1 tbsp tamarind (imli) pulp
- Place the carrots in a microwave safe plate and microwave at high for about 5 mins.
- Microwave the tomatoes on high until cooked.
- Let it cool.
- Prepare the seasoning with the help of the above ingredients and grind them along with carrot and tomatoes.
- Finally add tamarind paste and grind again.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
By tarladalal.com & Tarla Dalal
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOU: