This savoury soup meets your iron and protein requirement through the tasty rajma in a perfect way. On the other hand, the vitamin C from the tomatoes and lemon juice helps in the absorption of iron during digestion.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Makes 4 servings
1/2 cup soaked rajma (kidney beans)
1 1/2 tsp oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
3 cloves garlic (lehsun) , roughly chopped
1 1/2 cups finely chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
1 tsp lemon juice
For The Garnish
1 tbsp finely chopped yellow capsicum
1 tbsp finely chopped green capsicum
1 tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens
1 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rajma, chilli powder, salt and 2 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée into a deep non-stick pan, add ½ cup water and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with yellow capsicum, green capsicum, spring onions greens and tomatoes.
By tarladalal.com & Tarla Dalal
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOU: