Spicy mutter paneer is the versatile and all time favorite paneer recipe with the paneer cubes stir fried with green peas, onion and tomatoes. Add garam masala and chopped coriander leaves as garnish and enjoy the spicy matar paneer with roti or paratha.
Makes 4 to 5 servings
400 gms paneer (cottagte cheese) cubes
1 cup boiled green peas
3 large sized tomatoes
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 stick of cinnamon (dalchini)
5 to 6 cloves (laung / lavang)
4 to 5 cardamoms
1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
15 cashewnuts (kaju)
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
1 cup curds (dahi)
4 tbsp oil
coriander (dhania) leaves
salt to taste
- Combine the cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms, fennel seeds, and cashewnuts and soak in hot water for 10 to 15 mins.
- Blend in a mixer to a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Blend the tomatoes and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the ground spice paste and saute for a few mins.
- Add the tomato paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the garam masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder and saute till oil leaves the sides.
- Add the curd while stirring continuously and mix well.
- Add the paneer, boiled green peas and salt and cook for a few mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.